I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories; everything from Ayurveda, gluten-free, and Paleo, to raw, vegan, and macrobiotics, and everything in between.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
I studied with the world's top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD World Leader in Mind-Body Medicine, Director of Education at The Chopra Center, Bestselling Author
- David Katz, MD, MPH, Authority on Preventive Medicine and Weight Management, Director of the Yale Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, Chair of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard’s School of Public Health and Bestselling Author
- Andrew Weil, MD, Bestselling Author and Expert on Integrative Medicine and Mind-Body Interactions
- Gabrielle Bernstein, Motivational Speaker, Life Coach, Bestselling Author
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, Functional Medicine Doctor, Founder of Blum Center for Health
- Mark Hyman, MD, Founder and Medical Director of The UltraWellness Center, Bestselling Author
- Geneen Roth, Pioneer of Emotional Eating and Empowerment, Bestselling Author
- David Wolfe, recognized Expert and Bestselling Author on Superfoods and Raw Nutrition
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at New York University
- Mark Bittman, New York Times Columnist, Bestselling Author
- Judith Hanson Lasater – Teacher Training: Yoga to help with Anxiety, Anger & Depression, and Master Class: Getting Upside Down – 2013. Advanced Teacher Training: Moving From the Organs, & Master Class: The Forward Bend – 2011.Teacher Training: Experiential Anatomy, & Master Class: Yoga Therapy in Class – 2010. Teacher Training:Yoga Therapeutics: Theory & Practice + Master Class: Freedom from the Hip Joint - 2009. Teacher Training: Relax and Renew: Learning to Teach Restorative Yoga Intensive – 2008 – received certification. Teacher Training for Theory & Practice of Restorative Yoga and Master Class – Twists, 2007. Teacher Training workshop, 2004. Restorative Yoga workshop, 2003. Various workshops at Conferences since 1999
- Rod Stryker – Master Class: Tantra Vinyasa: Asana, Bandha, Mudra -2012. The Yoga of Fulfillment-2011. Para Yoga: Weekend Immersion and Master Class: Vinyasa Krama – 2010. Vinyasa and the Prana of Asana workshop, 2006; Master Practice sessions 2007, 2008, 2013
- Erich Schiffmann – Weekend Workshop Yoga Intensive, 2007
Pandit Rajmani Tigunait, Ph.D/Rolf Sovik, Psy.D – Joyful Living Workshop-2007.Kevin Perry - Experience Sanskrit Workshop, 2005
- Namaste USA (International) – attend teacher training meetings with Vicki Johnson and public classes taught by Irene Beers, 2001-2005
- Angela Farmer/Victor van Kooten – Teacher Un-training – Master Class, 2004
- Kofi Busia – Iyengar yoga workshop by Dallas Yoga Center, 2003
- Kausthub Desikachar – The Spirit of Yoga: Exploring Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras at Dallas Yoga Center, 2002
- 6th Annual Yoga Journal Convention – Certificate of Completion of 18 hours of Continuing Education for Teachers, September, 2001. Included classes taught by Rodney Yee, John Friend, Angela Farmer, and Patricia Sullivan.
- Texas Yoga Retreat 2001 & 2002 – attended classes on sutras, asanas, and meditation. Disciplines included Ashtanga, Kundalini, and traditional Hatha Yoga.
- Southwest Yoga Conference, 1999 & 2000 – Attended classes on sutras, asana practice, and meditation. Teachers included Rodney Yee, Gary Kraftsow, Judith Lasater, Charles Macinerney, Todd Norian, John Friend, and Sandra Anderson.
- Karma Thegsum Choling (KTC) Dallas: Introductory Samatha Instructor certification in 2005, renewed 2007. Additional meditation instruction with Lama D. Dorjee in 2009. Also, attend several meditation workshops and seminars since 2001. Lead meditation instruction for newcomers.
- Ruth Lurie: Mindfulness Practice Workshops, 1999 & 2000
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with clients like you to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.
Each session will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. We will talk about things beyond food, seeking to bring balance to important elements of your life such as love and relationship as well as career and money. I will personally and carefully guide you to make simple, small changes that transform your life.